Thursday, January 26, 2006

WICKED

We don't go to many live theater performances these days, though I love it. However, last evening we traveled to the Tampa Performing Arts Center to see WICKED and it was absolutely awesome! If you have the opportunity, GO!!! If that's impossible, read the book & listen to the CD. You'll be blown away.

The story of the witches of Oz is witty, wonderful, surprising and Stephen Schwartz's music completely fabulous. At the end of the first act, Elphaba (Wicked Witch of the West) sings "Defying Gravity." The actress' beautiful voice combined with some amazing special effects literally covered me with goose bumps. It's been a long time since that's happened and I LOVED it!

Live musical theater... nothing else like it!

Yes, RQM, I know I've been tagged. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to that.

3 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger RED QUILT MAKER said...

Did I say anything???, you WICKED little cousin you.

SMOOCHES FROM ME AND THE POOCHES!

rQM

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger sttropezbutler said...

It is good to see and feel stuff....no question about it...how nice you had such a great experience.

We love goose bump moments!

STB

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger dondon009 said...

Wicked Cousin! LOLOL

I love the theater..... never seem to get the opportunity to go!

I've heard the show was wonderful; glad you enjoyed it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home