Thursday, August 07, 2008

TURN IT OFF!!!

Ok, I know it's only a walk in clinic in a drug store but still....
PLEASE, TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONE!!!

Right now, in the exam room, there is a woman with two elementary age children here for school physicals. They are unruly and she must fill out permission slips and history questions in order for us to examine them. She is frantically texting messages to someone telling them she's here and not to text her. HELLO!

We have a sign... "Please turn off your cell phone." Makes no difference. Yesterday the nurse practitioner literally put her hand over the phone to get a patient to cooperate.

As I type this, another customer is cruising the aisles talking on his speaker phone!!!

Don't get me started with the people in line at the grocery store or trying to drive and text at the same time.

NO ONE is that important.

2 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger CrackerLilo said...

Reminds me of a particularly great one of those wonderful Budweiser "Real Men of Genius" ads: "Nothing says 'I'm important' like a man shouting into his cellphone, 'I'm important!'."

*Speaker*? That's a whole 'nother level of obnoxiousness. That's, like, the obnoxious penthouse suite. All he needed to complete that was to talk about his weekend (in graphic terms) or his hemorrhoids.

The only reason I don't throw mine into the river half the time is that I know it'll leach toxic chemicals and the Hudson's polluted enough as it is.

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!
rqm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home