Monday, May 19, 2008

Obama Tells GOP to 'Lay Off My Wife'

Dear Mr. Obama,

Sorry Barack, but you can't have it both ways. Your wife is out there making public speeches on your behalf, that makes her statements fair game. Your kids are off limits for sure. But the little woman is another story.

Is Bill Clinton exempt from scrutiny? If he had said what your wife did do you really think that Hillary could go on GMA and demand "Lay Off My Husband" and that would be the end of it? After all, he's just a spouse in this arena. How about Mrs. McCain? Should she be ignored if she says something many Americans think is unacceptable?

I'm a voting registered Democrat but I think you're wrong on this one.

Connie in FL

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger alan said...

I thought this had more to do with the way the Tennessee Repugnicans played their cards in the last governor's race there, but perhaps I'm wrong...

Thanks for stopping by!

alan

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger CrackerLilo said...

I hope he's bright enough not to expect that it'll actually happen, and I agree with you, but I think he gets a few points for doing the "gentlemanly" thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home