Sunday, June 15, 2008

Just a thought...

The full moon is upon us, as anyone working with the public is well aware, and it occurs to me that it is time to propose something I have been contemplating for years. An additional amendment to our Constitution.

My amendment would read as follows.:

Between the ages of 18 and 21 years of age, every US Citizen MUST work, full time, a minimum of one complete fourth quarter plus the month of January in a retail setting. This can be any facility that said employee has daily contact with the public. Customer service duties are a requirement.

Additionally, anyone moving into the country who did not fulfill this obligation during the afore mentioned ages, will be required to meet this same criteria immediately upon arrival. No other licenses or permits will be issued until this requirement is met.

Upon completion of the work requirement a test will be administered. A passing grade will be required to obtain an official card. This card must be carried at all times and presented to any retail employee who asks to see it.

Should the card holder be rude, act mean or stupid, the employee is required by law to punch the card. Three punches and the card will be suspended and the holder must work another retail quarter immediately. IF the card holder does not comply they will be banned from any retail operation until such time the suspension has been lifted.

Punishment for anyone not abiding by this law will be sentenced to working as the sole employee in a Wal-Mart complaint department for as long as the courts deem necessary for complete rehabilitation.

Feel free to add suggestions.

5 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH OH....
Remember...it is illegal to carry a weapon into retail stores.
Speaking of tests..
This must be a TEST of your ah ah ah something or other.
Signed,
Benifits
aka
rQm
who still can't remember how to comment as himself.
plus, my word verification is "nutbag" when unscrambled.

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i mean BENEFITS

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger CrackerLilo said...

Oh, I love this idea! But I'm afraid that sometimes when I feel little and powerless and picked on, I lash out at retail clerks. I *try* to catch it in time.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger alan said...

:o)

I spent my high school years working as a sacker in a grocery store. I learned a lot there...

The most shocking of which was seeing an old couple in 1972 buying two cases of canned dog food. After loading it in the car for them I said something to the checker I was sacking for about hoping they had someone to get it out for them when they get home; she told me I shouldn't worry abou that, but the fact that they didn't have a dog....

alan

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Genius baby!
STB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home