Friday, April 28, 2006

This is Hershel...


He's our neighborhood egret. The fellow who lives across the street has a LOT of stuff growing in his yard which creates super hiding places for all sorts of critters creating a super buffet for Hershel! He wonders into our yard almost every day for a few lizards and always peeks in my kitchen window to see if I'm home. When I see him, I offer something out of the frig. His favorite is lunchmeat. Last time he was by, the cupboard was bare so I offered a can of vienna sausages from the hurricane pantry. It wasn't as good as bologna or smoked turkey but he enjoyed them nonetheless then went on with his neighborhood rounds.

2 Comments:

At 4:36 AM, Blogger alan said...

What a beautiful visitor to have coming by!

:o)

alan

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger dondon009 said...

Egrets are such a fun part of living in this area....

We have Egrets visiting also and although Daisy likes to chase them, they tease her to death and are undaunted by her antics. Just too funny!

All I had available to feed them were hot dogs.... They loved it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home