Monday, April 10, 2006

All Aboard! Rosie's Family Cruise


This afternoon I watched All Aboard! Rosie's Family Cruise. I hope everyone with access to HBO will watch while it's available.

It was a beautiful tribute to gay families and the mountains they must climb. A very moving and wonderful documentary. I laughed, cried and learned. The hardships so many go through just to have a family. As a straight woman, I don't need any special criteria to have a family... just get pregnant and all is fine with the mainstream. Doesn't matter if I'm not qualified to raise children, if I can afford them, want them, able to support them, or mentally capable to take care of them... nothing really matters if I'm straight. If I'm gay... oh dear, now that's a horse of a different color!

If you get a chance it's worth the 90 minutes to get to know the special people featured in this great perspective on family.


3 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Blogger alan said...

That's the 2nd reference I've seen to this...time to roll a tape!

Thank you!

alan

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger RED QUILT MAKER said...

You're a Dear Dear Woman and I'm proud to call you my friend and cousin.

rQm

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger nancy =) said...

i saw this as well and loved it...i'm so glad they made this movie...it should be shown at community centers and churches all over this land...

peace...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home