Friday, April 07, 2006

work ~ Work ~ WORK!

Seems lately I am in great demand. Somehow I have talked my way into four (yes, that's 4) part time jobs. Now backpedaling to try and get out of at least one... hopefully two.

It all started last fall when I accepted a part time office job working for a friend who is in real estate management and sales. He needed someone to "help" organize the files, answer the phone, pay bills.... all very laid back busy work. Only 16 hours a week come and go as I please, sounded great. A couple of days a week works for me, still enough time for chores and myself.

Next, another friend who is a paralegal needed some "help" coping files for real estate closings. Just a "few" hours a week... every time I go there she wants to know, "When can you come back???" Add 4 to 6 hours.

Bobby has been doing some handyman work.... word of mouth has given him lots of things to choose from. Another friend gave his number to her neighbor. He did a few things for her and found out he has a wife that's "good with computers and organizing." She calls and wonders if I have time to work for her daughter who has just moved and needs help organizing her home office.... "part time" only about 8 hours a week. After explaining how busy I already am she begs me to " fit her daughter in when I can."

Last week there was an occasion for the real estate office to send funeral flowers. My boss was out of town so I promised the florist he would deliver payment the next day. "Want to ride down there with me?", he asks. I make the wrong decision. When we arrive the owner greets my boss, who she knows from Rotary, then we are introduced. My boss then had to add... "Connie was a florist a hundred years ago." The words, "What are you are doing Mother's Day???" popped out of her mouth before she'd even realized it. I laughed.... she then said firmly, "Really! What are you doing?" I left promising I'd think about it.

You can see where this is going can't you?

Right now I am scheduled for two full days for Easter and the entire week before Mother's Day. (I will NOT be doing the other things that week.) I am afraid to do the math!!!

So, I work PART TIME.

4 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger dondon009 said...

An idle mind is the "devil's workshop", so says somebody out there......

It seems to me there will be no worries of the devil invading your territory anytime soon.....

ENJOY!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Cool beans!

It is great to be in demand!

STB

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger RED QUILT MAKER said...

But what about ME and the lunch we need to have????

xoxo
rQm

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger sjobs said...

WOW, it must feel wonderful to be so in demand.....

Have fun.

Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home