Thursday, July 14, 2005

Bumper Stickers

On my way home from the Tampa airport this afternoon, I found myself following an interestingly adorned vehicle. The car was one of those small Korean numbers. A KIA Rio I think. The driver's head was barely visible over the top of the headrest. While waiting for a stop light I had the opportunity to read the many assorted stickers attached to his trunk and back bumper.

There was the ever popular "Support Our Troops" yellow ribbon shaped magnet... very faded. (I hate those.) Another ribbon magnet with a reference to MIA/POW's. A flag furled bumper sticker proudly stating "United We Stand!" Plus, a few other stickers with patriotic themes.

Sort of stuck on the trunk in a spot all by itself there was a good sized sticker depicting the Ten Commandments, tablets and all. On the bumper directly below a camouflage print sticker read:

"Terrorists: Wanted, Dead or Alive.
Preferably Dead!!! "

Oh the interesting things we see.
'Nuf said.

3 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Is the irony that it was a Kia?

I detest the Support Our Troops magnets. You want to support 'em call the Shrub and bring 'em home. Or at the least, give them the proper equipment instead of lining someone's pocket with (and jeez, wonder where those stickers were made) cash.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Connie in FL said...

I thought the fact he was driving a Kia interesting in light of the "all american" messages.

But, what really disturbed me was the Ten Commandment declaration... one of which is "Thou shall not kill," displayed right above the message designed to intimidate terrorists saying, "... preferably dead!"

PS: I agee commpletely with your evaluation of the SOT's magnets.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger RED QUILT MAKER said...

Both of you are going to have to either give up driving or get chauffeurs. Cause...I feel your road rage and I for one do not want to be on the road when your are.
LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home