Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Tigger and Piglet

I am sad to read that Paul Winchell has died. As a kid, I remember watching his TV show. Don't remember if his lips moved or not. Didn't matter. The show was funny to me. "N-E-S-T-L-E-S, Nestles makes the very best... chooooooocolate." Did Knucklehead Smith sang that? Don't remember. When my kids were little, Winchell provided the voice of Tigger in Disney's Winnie the Pooh movies.

Today I read that John Fiedler has also passed away. He was a fine actor but will be forever in my mind as the voice of Piglet.

Two of AA Milne's characters are silenced this week. Thankfully their voices will live forever as those beloved characters.

The wonderful thing about tiggers
Is tiggers are wonderful things!
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs!
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is
I'm the only one!

1 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Gone but not forgotten.....as it should always be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home