Friday, December 21, 2007

WARNING...

...NEVER use a sharp meat fork to attempt retrieval of a broken wine cork.

Fifteen minutes to go Saturday, I was in my robe doing some last minute party chores. "Open the red." went through my mind. Cork screw in, only half the cork came out. Damn! Quickly I opened the drawer where all the sharp shit is. This will work, I thought as I grabbed the Henkles meat fork. One jab and it will pop either out or down into the bottle.

WRONG!!! It went in then out of the end of my middle finger left hand. Red wine and blood flew all over my impeccably clean kitchen. Ten minutes until the first guest and I really needed stitches! Bobby took over and cleaned up the mess while I washed my wound. It wouldn't stop bleeding so I finally just put a big bandage on it and got dressed. All went well but it took an Alive and a couple of screwdrivers before the throbbing settled down.

It's really ugly and still hurts like hell... especially when I type.

1 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger dondon009 said...

Just stopping by to wish you a wonderful holiday!

I should be back on track and running after the 1st of January.... in the meantime, I'm simply relaxing and enjoying the PUGS (who never want to see me online again).

DON~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home