Friday, November 23, 2007

Romeo


It is with a very heavy heart that we say goodbye to my "grandkitty," Romeo. He's been my daughters, Mrs. H.,cat for about 13 or 14 years. She called Thanksgiving to let us know his kidneys were failing. He took a turn for the worse during the night and went peacefully and quickly this afternoon. Is there nothing more difficult than making the decision to put a pet down?
She is grief stricken and we are heart sick as well. He lived with us on and off during his lifetime and we were looking forward to a visit before Mrs. H's departure to London where she and Mr. H will live the next several years while he gets his PhD.

You thought you were a tough kitty but you were really a marshmallow. You'll be missed but remembered with love.
xoxo

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger alan said...

Not so long ago I was terrified that we were approaching this point with Angel, our dog of the last almost dozen years. Although each time I'm never sure my heart can go through it, this time would be especially hard as she's one of the best dogs I've ever shared my life with. I was given a reprieve, thanks to a wonderful vet; I try not to think about "for how long".

My heart goes out to all who were blessed to know Romeo!

Thinking of you all...

alan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home