Thursday, August 16, 2007

What I did on my summer vacation...


... a cruise to ALASKA!

If I only had one word to describe our 50th state it would be majestic. The weather was unseasonably clear, warm and sunny. The excursions too wondrous to describe. The scenery merely beautiful. The wild life amazing. Hump back and Orca whales, sea lions, dolphin, eagles in flight, a grizzly catching a salmon in a stream, a very large glacier calving ... awesome sights! Sunrises and sunsets so spectacular words can't describe.

Returned this morning about 1 AM with still much to do. Just wanted to say hi and I hope to catch up with my blog friends very soon!

3 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger dondon009 said...

Although I've never been, anyone I've spoken with who has visited Alaska has the same response at you!

Breathtaking......

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and welcome home!

We met around this time two years ago, when Katrina was about to devastate New Orleans; I'm hoping Dean calms down before entering the Gulf of Mexico!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Connie in FL said...

Dean looks like another mean one for sure! Hope something happens to slow him down. New Orleans is proof we can't count on the folks who control our tax dollars to have programs in place to expedite restoration.

Plus, the insurance industry has us by the balls... it's ok to collect all those premiums but try to get the coverage you think you are paying for when you need it! HA. After 25 years in the same house with NOT ONE CLAIM State Farm cancelled my home owners. Now I have to pay 400% more to the state for less.

Happy Anniversary.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger alan said...

State Farm redlined me about 10 years ago after this house had been insured with them for over 35 years. I've been through 3 companies since, and the one I have now is some independent I never heard of...

Now they put stuff in my car insurance about wanting to write my homeowners policy as well!

I'm glad you had such a lovely trip. My last post was about someone who said "I gotta see that Alaska!" and wrote his last newspaper columns from there...I've always "had that hankering" myself. Someday...

Thank you for sharing the gorgeous photos!

Welcome home!

alan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home