Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Visiting Tia

This is Tia. We are bonding this month... along with a herd of kitties.

I am in Salt Lake City for the month of July. Why? Miss Tia's parents (my daughter and son in law) are in the UK and they needed a sitter. Since they have no children... this is the next best to being a grand. So, here I am. Sitting in a lovely condo at the Gateway surrounded by pets.

It's hot here... yeah, it's a dry heat... but so is my oven and I don't want to get inside it! Lucky for me Tia only wants to walk a couple of times a day and we can avoid the major heat of the day. The park out front is beautiful so I don't mind.

Did I mention that the Gateway area is also a mall? BONUS! There is a movie theater in my back yard and shops galore! Going to the day spa this afternoon for a hair trim. Much is within walking distance and/or the light rail they put in for the olympics. I'll need the car for the grocery store and stuff like Target but mostly I'll be able to get there on foot.

Only a few blocks over is Pioneer Park. On summer Saturdays they have a Farmer's Market there. What fun! This past weekend we loaded up on homemade cheese & bread and lots of fresh cherries. Tia walks over too but has a doggy stroller to ride home in because she's old and can't walk all day. She's quite the center of attention in her little buggy.

I'm already homesick but it's nice and peaceful here and my plan is to relax and enjoy it.

1 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger dondon009 said...

Happy Independence Day!

I love that little puglet... tia!

We are almost related~ Of course the moment you get home will be filled with loneliness and a desire for your very own pug.... trust me, I know these things!

I will be in overcrowded Coachman Part tomorrow evening, enjoying the fireworks with my family.... and dying in this horrific humidity!

Great to know you will still be on line during the upcoming month. Keep us posted.......

DON

 

Post a Comment

<< Home