Sunday, July 15, 2007

Anniversary Dinner

Last Monday was our 24th wedding anniversary. We weren't together physically but he send beautiful flowers and we talked on the phone several times. I told him to take himself out to a nice dinner and have a wonderful time. He insisted to do the same.

The condo I am living in is in a fabulous location. If I take the elevator to the 3rd floor I exit directly into the mall. Not just any mall. Sure, there is the basic food court with Subway, Mickey D's. Dairy Queen etc..... but, there are also many nice restaurants as well. One is of which is Thaifoon.

Now, I am not a fan of Thai food. It's usually too spicy for me. But this place has a secret dessert that draws me in. So, for my anniversary dinner this is the place I chose. One order of fried pot stickers please. And that banana dessert.

The pot stickers were delicious but the banana spring roll, to die for! The filling is a fresh banana surrounded by banana flavored cheesecake which is rolled in a traditional spring roll sheet. After deep frying it's sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. THEN it's served with fresh strawberry slices, fresh strawberry puree, Carmel sauce and fresh whipped cream. Banana spring roll. mmmmmmmmmmm
Better than wedding cake.

2 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Blogger alan said...

I can't imagine being apart for so long...we may be on opposite shifts but we talk a half dozen times a day and pass as ship in the night, but at least we see each other!

Made up for on the weekends, of course!

Happy belated Anniversary my friend!

alan

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger dondon009 said...

Happy Anniversary.... sad to spend it alone, but joyful in the knowledge of the love you share!

I would weigh in at like 300 plus pounds if I lived near a mall with a food court!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home