Monday, May 07, 2007



On a trip to Las Vegas last summer, we took a bump on our return trip. For our trouble we received a voucher for the price of our tickets plus a couple hundred bucks thrown in for good measure. We redeemed that voucher last week... back to Vegas of course!



Don longs for New Orleans, Alan's passion is fishing, we love Las Vegas!

Six free nights, food, a slots tournament, shows, Margaritaville, relaxation and SLEEP-SLEEP-SLEEP. It was heaven. Hard to believe a break was needed so soon after going back to work after surgery but it sure was great to have no particular schedule and as much nap time as I wanted.

There was some sad news. My 95 year old uncle passed away the day after we got there. We debated cutting our trip short and returning for his funeral. Finally we decided we had been there for him when he was living, my husband was there several times a week in fact, which was way more important. Actually, I'm sure he would have insisted we stay. He enjoyed hearing about our trips and teased me about my "regular" hairdresser being in LV since I love getting my hair cuts there. But I digress.



We're back... the laundry is caught up... and we had the twins all night Friday. I think I've even caught up on my favorite blogs. Life seems pretty good

2 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger dondon009 said...

My second favorite destination, and my sister's top choice!

I'm glad to hear you had a great time.... and welcome back!

I have free vouchers from a bump on my last trip to New Orleans which expire June 10th, so expect to read about a quick trip back to New Orleans within the month!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day~

DON

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger alan said...

Someday I'm going to take Dottie there...just to say we've been!

That getting home and getting caught up makes you think twice, doesn't it?

:o)

alan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home