Saturday, September 10, 2005

Not his fault ...

I fear the Republican spinners will convince enough die hard dubya followers that none of this nasty hurricane business was his fault and take on the attitude... Oh well, life goes on.

When discussing the FEMA screw ups with my VERY Republican 80 year old mother, she was surprised when I suggested Bush should be held accountable. She was appalled I would even think such a thing. In fact she said to me, in total disgust, "What can he do about it?"

She was serious... bless her heart.

Always a glutton for punishment, I further suggested a good start would be to fire Michael Brown and begin a full investigation. She just shook her head and made "that" face. We changed the subject. She's not the only one defending him. Those with their heads in the sand will allow yet another disaster in the Bush presidency to be accepted, no questions asked.

A dear cousin likes to remind me from time to time that it's a bitch you can pick your friends but not your relatives!

I do love my mother but hate her politics.

9 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger RED QUILT MAKER said...

yddffAnd your "dear cousin" loves you madly.
RQM

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger sttropezbutler said...

The coolest thing is that you aren't a clone of your mother CJ..that you "got it" so to speak!

Love you...

STB

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Blogzie said...

Oh my!

I see "that" face on both my mother and father.

I just don't 'go there' with them.

I'm so afraid they will change their will.

Am I going to hell?

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Blogzie said...

One more thing, since you are family, I will leave this comment here.

RQM, darling, are you ever going to update your blog?

I'm checking daily...

x0x0x

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger dondon009 said...

My mother is 82 and lives in Canada. I called yesterday to get her impressions on what is going on in the world today. My father answered the phone. "Your mother's playing radio bingo and can't come to the phone right now, can you call her back later?" Sure dad, by the way how are you doing? "well my back hurts, I'm having trouble walking, we bought a new car". Oh, OK. Love ya dad.
I'll call later!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Connie in FL said...

Good question Blogzie...

When he finally does post, you can be sure it will be brilliant.

RQM, dear, when can we expect another insightful entry to your blog? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Anne said...

that is too true about relatives. but as stb said, at least you are breaking away from family tradition.

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling- I work with all Republicans. You know the ones who said "Well, Fema just didn't have the go ahead to get in there".. (me gritting my teeth so hard that my neck veins are popping) "You know, George Bush didn't cause the hurricane"?

Yes,I've come to the conclusion that these people eat their own hair.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger RED QUILT MAKER said...

"Eat their own hair"
Hilarious!
RQM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home