Wednesday, November 26, 2008


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Seems like it was just ... oh, never mind.

Dinner is at our house which is a mess. Dust has become a permanent part of my decor. Stuff piled on the dining room table. Mail stacked in the kitchen. Working has put a cramp in my housekeeping. Hubby helps a lot but he doesn't see everything that I do so he doesn't realize that the floor behind the toilet gets dirty too. But, I am thankful he helps out. A lot of husbands don't.

It will work out, it always does. RQM and his girl dogs are joining us, as is my mother and a snowbird couple from her condo. Smallest Thanksgiving dinner I've ever hosted. I think.

In light of the current state of things, I find myself more grateful than usual. I have a job... with benefits. That's a very big deal in our lives. I'm grateful that RQM recomended me for this job. My kids are healthy and doing well.
The youngest is getting a divorce but she'll survive. My mom's still able to enjoy her life. My sister is the best! My house is paid for and we have enough to pay the taxes and insurance. AND, Obama is the president elect.

For now, we're able to hold our own. For all that, I am thankful.

To all my buddies in blog land, Happy Thanksgiving.
Be safe if you travel.
peace

PS: Don't forget to watch Rosie tonight!

3 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The girl dogs are in a rebel state. Both refuse to take baths since they are going to the groomer next week. You have a dusty house, I'll have shaggy dogs and all will be right with the world.
rQm

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger CrackerLilo said...

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving weekend!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Hiya Doll

I can't believe it is almost Christmas!

Cheers and XXOO

STB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home