Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I am sooooooooooo pissed! I have lived in Clearwater, Florida for over 26 years and have been a REGULAR at O'Keefes restaurant for all that time. One of my best friends has worked there since '82 as well. O'Keefes is MAYBE a mile from where I work.

Today Obama had lunch at O'Keefes! Mingling with the other customers, talking, shaking hands, taking pictures. Where was I? One mile away! Where did I eat lunch? IN MY FRICKIN CAR watching a crane on a barge move concrete crap. Why didn't I know? Why didn't go?

I am sooooooooo pissed!

From the St. Petersburg Times -
Obama at O'Keefe's, Belleview Biltmore

Sen. Barack Obama, with some of the O'Keefe's staff, had a burger with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and spicy mustard. [JOSEPH GARNETT JR. | Times]

From the airport at midday, Barack Obama headed to O'Keefe's, one of Clearwater's oldest, most popular restaurants, to press the flesh and drum up some easy coverage. Buzz is he's staying at the Belleview Biltmore, the historic resort built in Belleair. He's just about to start a news conference there.

His traveling press corps will be ensconced at the Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater Beach.

Obama is here to prepare for Friday's presidential debate in Oxford, Miss. Why do debate prep in the Tampa Bay area? "Look at the weather, man. It's great," Obama said.

-- Adam C. Smith

3 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Twisted Lady said...

I think he will be at Knology field in Dunedin today, 9/24.

:)

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger alan said...

I would have probably been too star struck to have approached him anyway...

alan

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

work sucks..period!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home