Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ouch...

Last night Hubby and I were driving home after dinner with friends, chatting as we drove... a quick stop at the store for lotto tickets then home for Runway. Don't remember what we were talking about but I was turned slightly in the seat. Red light at Drew... the first car in line for a red light, we stopped. Hubby was facing me when we heard the boom. As he watched, my body propelled forward until my seatbelt finally pulled me back HARD against the seat. Stunned we stared at each other.... What the hell?

Suddenly there was a woman at the window... "You ok?" No, we really weren't. Both of us ...head, neck and back... plus Hubby had chest pains. Just dismissed from the hospital last week with stent #9, another heart issue was not good. The firefighters arrived first. Expertly they carefully removed us from the car. Both of us got a neck brace and were strapped onto flat boards. Hubby also got nitro and an IV, he went first. It was raining and I was soaking wet waiting in the rain to be put in the ambulance for transport.

One of the firefighters cleaned the rain from my glasses. Vitals and information taken, we arrived at the emergency room. We were immediately attended to. Sparing everyone the boring details... dozens of tests & xrays later, we were released. We called my boss (who lives close to the hospital) for a ride home.

Today we are sore... very sore. Hubby's shoulder is sprained and has torn ligaments. He also has back & neck injuries. For me it's all neck, back & hip muscle spasms and pain. We'll be fine hopefully, but my pretty little Accord will not. My lease expires in October.

Now begins the run around. Hubby picked up the car this morning from the tow company. CASH only, no we don't take AAA though it says we do on our trucks....insurance agencies both auto and health... probably attorneys... car repairs.... rentals...doctor visits... MORE expenses... Sometimes it seems like if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any! But we're alive... we didn't bleed... we had on seat belts and were not thrown out of the car. Rear ended by an SUV could have been WAY worse!

5 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger RED QUILT MAKER said...

HORRORS!

I'm there if yous need me!

rQm

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger sttropezbutler said...

PTL that you are both OKAY!

Sending good thoughts!

STB

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Twisted Lady said...

Oh, MY!

Yes, it could have been worse! Thankfully you two are "okay"

Very scary. People drive like idiots down here (and everywhere, I'm sure)

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger sjobs said...

I am so happy to read that you are ok. How are you feeling know?

Mary

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger dondon009 said...

We just never know, do we?

I am so glad you were both not seriously injured......

My thoughts are with you!

DON~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home