Sunday, October 02, 2005

Lighter Side of Sunday


One of "those" emails arrived this week. At first I thought my very Republican friend had sent me something very ... well, Republican. As I take time to read it this morning, it's actually quite funny and I have pulled out my favorites to share here.

(WARNING: To blog spammers and religious zealots... this is a JOKE.)


National News: To his credit, President Bush is finally taking the blame for the slow relief effort for Hurricane Katrina. In fact, he said because of this, he probably will not run for a 3rd term.

Cheney Update: Vice President Dick Cheney said he will need more repair work on his knees. Cheney went on to say that the repair work would be done by the Halliburton Company at a cost of 12.8 billion dollars.

FEMA News: Former Director Michael Brown said he stepped down because he was an ineffective leader who had lost the confidence of the people, to which President Bush said, “That’s no reason to quit your job.”

Clearwater News: Good news, I filled my gas tank today for under $20! It was for my lawnmower but it still counts.

Television News: The new mini-series on HBO called “Rome” is kind of eerie. Last week Rome is burning while Nero refuses to cut his vacation short. In next week’s episode FEMA shows up a week late at Pompeii.

Reminder: When people don’t want to play the blame game, they’re to blame.

Notes:
1. The ability to delude yourself may be an important survival tool.
2. Sometimes the truth can be so unnecessary.
3. Don’t trust reality. After all, it’s only a collective hunch.

3 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Funny!

STB

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Sublime said...

Love the "collective hunch" part!!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger dondon009 said...

Cute, cute, cute! I was at Hess this morning and someone had to pay almost $60.00 for gas. Without thinking, I said "OH MY GOD... you can ride the bus for a month for $40.00. The guy was not at all amused and I thought he would hit me, and then of course with the new gun laws, I would have had to pull out my non-gun and shoot the bastard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home