Thursday, March 17, 2005

Isn't it ironic... Thanks Hillary

Here I sit in my foil lined, beautifully decorated, vintage bathing cap. I'm watching out for vans of ANY color because I got email from Hillary again today. She corresponds at least once a week. Basically she thanked me for my participation in the Count Every Vote campaign. She's asking me to forward the emailed information to friends, which I have already done. (What the heck, here' s the url to the site in case you didn't get it before: http://www.friendsofhillary.com/CountEveryVote/)

In her email, there is a statement I find quite brilliant. She says,

"Isn't it ironic that at the same time the White House is welcoming elections in other parts of the world, we still have to fight to make democracy real here at home!"

As a voter, living in Florida hasn't been easy the past couple of elections. Jeb Bush, Katherine Harris and company have secured our place in history and it's embarrassing. Count Every Vote is especially meaningful to Floridians.... well. to me as a Democrat anyway. Our country and the world changed with the 2000 elections and not for the better. Maybe I should get over it, but I haven't. I'm still bitter and hold a grudge.

My mother (though she's a wonderful woman) I find politicly challanged. She believes all the ills of the world rest on Hillary's shoulders. I for one would LOVE to see her in the Oval Office as the first woman president of the United States!

3 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This bathing cap you mention....are they on the market, can they be bought at a local TJMAXX???? I had a visiting relative who said about the recent election ( if one can call it that), I just didn't like Kerry talking about Viet Nam all the time, hmmmm sez I, you watch Fox News right, right sez she.
Oh the joy and bliss of a Hilary for President bumper sticker. 'course, I'd never put it on my car here in the red state I live in, no sireeeeeee. Fear and loathing in ghetto.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Connie in FL said...

Dear Anonymous,

The bathing cap is a custom, sorry, you must have "connections" with the witness protection program to obtain one. Though, you can probably get them at the drug stores in Mexico. I also had visiting relatives last week and made a point of putting away said bathing cap so they wouldn't see it and want an explanation. Only one of the relatives would get it anyway. :)

Living just north of a ghetto in a red state, I understand your caution in publicizing your blue preference. There was a instance in Tampa last week of road rage "they" say was instigated by the presence of a certain presidential bumper sticker. Don't know why anyone would chase down a driver displaying a red sticker... I usually try to avoid those folks myself.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Frankly I don't look good in a bathing cap...what can I say. Do you know of any other options? As for Hill in the White House...I'm not so sure. While I have a grudging respect for her I fear she is a politican first and a human being second. And let's not forget that she grew up in Park Ridge Illinois..a bastion of Repukes if there ever was one. If it does come down to women on the ticket (and it must certainly...come on ladies you are the majority after all) I'd like to see it be Oprah and Hill for the Dems and Condi and Jessica Simpson for the Repukes. Who'd win?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home