Sunday, November 06, 2005

Keeping up with Blogzie


The photo quality isn't good but I wanted to keep up with Blogzie's hair!

This is sometime in the mid-eighties. (The cigarettes stopped in '90.) That black, jersey dress was purchased because it was so comfortable.... big full skirt, hem just below the knee, nice wide belt, worn with almost flat shoes. It went with me to my first Toy Fair in NYC. At the time I was a decorator for a manufacturer's representative who had a huge showroom here in Largo. He represented about 100 different lines and probably 80% were fourth quarter goods. My specialty was the Christmas tree. In other words boys and girls, I was an elf. I decorated Christmas trees year round for a living and LOVED every minute of it! (I give good tree if I do say so myself.)

We no longer have that adorable little cocker, DeeDee. She sure was a sweetie pie and we still miss her.

5 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger sttropezbutler said...

DeeDee was a perfect match.

Love the hair..
Love the cig...

Love you dollface!

Maybe we should do a Sunday Photo day with cigs for all of us who indulged at one time or another....or for those who still do for that matter!

Just empty your ashtrays!

STB

VOTE

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Blogzie said...

Very cool photo and very cool, yet big hair.

Congrats on stopping smoking. I unfortunately still smoke, although I have had to become a very politically correct smoker. I don't smoke in the house or car, so I spend a great deal of my time on the patio or in the garage.

It's a charmed life.

I do like STB's idea of posting smoking photos. I'll see what I can cough up.

x0x0x

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger RED QUILT MAKER said...

Cuz, you been holdin out on me.

What a gal.
What a doll.

I love it.

RQM

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger dondon009 said...

YOU are looking good.......

Wearing black, my favorite color... smoking a cigarette, one of my favorite past times, and the big puppy..... now you know I love puppies (no matter what age).

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Sublime said...

I want to decorate Christmas Trees for a living!! Can you get me a job?? lol... It sounds fun, love the picture.

I'm up for doing Smoking Sunday pictures this week :)

Take care,
Sublime

 

Post a Comment

<< Home